Anyone shot for Ruptly?

svp

They are a news outlet based in Germany. I got an email at 12:15am wanting me to shoot something at 9am this morning, which they had not called or set up. I agreed only if they agreed to pay via Paypal BEFORE I FTP the video. The producer agreed and we email back and forth until they send an agreement for me to sign. The agreement states I have to provide an invoice with bank info to wire the payment and is get paid in 2-4 weeks. I know that's usually standard (I've done this before) but I refuse to do these types of news shoots for international clients anymore. I emailed back that this agreement was not what she had agreed to. After two more emails I turned it down and told her good luck and to find someone else. With international clients the only value you hold is your footage and if you let that go before being paid, and they decide not to pay, you really have no course of action you can take. I've had it done to me once. Won't happen again. Therefore I have no problem turning down these shoots.

On a side note, I'm providing aerial video for a TV show on Monday. I provided a W9 and Invoice in advance and they are giving me a check right after I download the video to a hard drive after the shoot. Now that's how it should be.

cyndygreen1

Did some work for them last year with the Google barge in Stockton/CA. No problems really. No - they did not set it up but I'm a local and got what they wanted. Good communication, no problems getting paid (other than a slowdown when my bank gave me incorrect international routing information).

svp

Min sent emails out to contacts last night before the disagreement and all got back to me at 7:30 this morning basically saying we're good to go. I had to respond telling them I no longer would be there to shoot anything and why. Oh well. My son is in the NICU so my time is better spent at the hospital with him anyways.