Anyone here have Boost Mobile or Cricket?

Baltimore Shooter

I've been seeing ads for Boost and Cricket that offer unlimited talk, text and web for $50/mo. Seems like a good deal but what about coverage area, how reliable are they?

Warren

FeedingFrenzy

We bought Boost for our 13year old daughter. No overage charges EVER, unlimited texting, MMS(photos) messaging Pretty good for $50 a month. Coverage is pretty spotty in rural areas, but its for our teenager. I don't care if the call was dropped. I also really like not being under contract. Payment is easy over their webpage. Overall, I'd say we are satisfied with the service.

zac love

Nope, I'm stuck w/ AT&T for at least another 7months. Mostly worth it for the iPhone, but it would be nice not to have a contract.

Have you thought about abusing your power as a journalist & doing a story on it? ;-) If you're wondering about it, there is a good chance viewers are doing the same thing.

Terry E. Toller

If you get boost, make sure you go to the boost website to monitor your account. EVERY month for almost a year I found them adding charges on my account and charging my bank. It was only a dollar or two at a time but it would have added up. I switched to Virgin, $50 a month and great coverage, full feature.

Terry E. Toller

I had a boost phone for the nextel feature. as you know, their advertising is aimed at the younger black community. the problem i had was almost every day and in the middle of the night, some young gangster type would type in numbers and 'chirp' phones of people they didn't know. I just couldn't take it and tossed the phone...

while i had it, i did like the nextel service. I could talk to a friend in las vegas from here in sacramento over the walkie talkie. the coverage are here in northern ca was very good.

Chicago Dog

According to reports I've been reading on the web, the next iPhone, which is suppose to be out at the end of summer, is going to be available to Verizon customers.
Did you find the article? Every article I've found says iPhone will optimistically be available at the end of the year, if this year at all. Not one was official. It was a handful of blogs written by people who don't reference anyone else. It's like one big guessing game.

I think that's why there's such a flurry over the question, "What will Apple do next?" Bloggers are intentionally taking wild shots in the dark. In the dumb luck off-chance one of them is actually right, that person can claim some sort of dilapidated form of "integrity" and instantly becomes an authority on all things iPhone.

In which case, I say: "iPhones will be able to launch Tomahawk missiles with a $50 app to be released in 2012! No, wait... I mean 2014. No, fourth quarter of 2019... No, wait..."

Chicago Dog

The article you read is almost six months old. The other articles are at least three months old. Pseudo-information on topics like this changes almost daily.

These articles are pretty much worthless. As I've come to expect from Apple, I tend not to believe anything unless there's an obscene amount of hype (like the day before the Apple iPad announcement) or until Apple announces something itself.

There's too many fanboys out there spreading too many rumors.

Chicago Dog

Turns out I was right Dog
Right about -- what, exactly? If anything, you've proven my point.

The first article gives a very generic time for an AT&T phone, not a Verizon phone. Hell, all the article does is mention a rumor about a Verizon iPhone. Those rumors breed speculation that aren't attributed to anyone other than an "unnamed source." The article doesn't even give a date on the release. How can they? The phone is still a rumor. Sorry, but that's not concrete.

The second link is nothing more than a Q&A with -- wait for it -- a blogger, just like I pointed out in an earlier response. Sorry, but that's not concrete, either.

I suppose I should thank you for proving me right.

Thanks!

Chicago Dog

Dog, can you read? Just asking.
You've got a tight death-grip of a grasp on your title of Forum Nitwit -- and it doesn't look like anyone's going to be able to wrest it from your white-knuckled fingers anytime soon.

I take my leave of your overpowering irrationality and unflinching ineptitude. Onto the ignore list you go.

Terry E. Toller

if you loook at their ads, you will see that they target the hip-hop crowd. I had boost and soon hated it! i bought it for the nextel walkie talkie mode. problem was when the hip-hoppers would set up their radios, they would learn how to program numbers for other walkie talkies. they would just choose a number and try it. i got sick and tired of getting chirpped at 3AM with, "Yo baby, whatup?" it gets old real fast!