Any good headphones?

Goon

I'm looking for a pair of good durable collapsable headphones for work. In the past I used generic ones from Radioshack but they break after a year or two of continuous use. Any suggestions?

Run&Gun

I have the 7509's in my audio bag. Spec out better and I like the design better, but you will pay more for them. But If you're wearing them while you shoot(camera on your shoulder), I'd recomend a GOOD pair of in ears(not cheap @$$ earbuds). On the ear headphones just get in the way with the camera on your shoulder.

focusthis

The Sony 76xx series, and their V600 cousins are nice for editing in vans and shooting on stix, but make a lot of noise rubbing against the camera shooting on the shoulder. I also find the cord way too long.

I use my IFB almost exclusively. The quality of the audio is terrible in comparison, but I find it more convenient by far. However, after shooting with one for most of my career, I do blame it for my subtle loss of hearing on the right side. (or it could be from yammering reporters in the passenger seat!!) I would be very careful about any in-ear headphones.

I had a cheap pair of Koss that were like earbuds, but with a curved attachment that held it on *not inside* my ear. That worked out pretty well. Sound quality was decent, convenient design, and at a reasonable price <$20.

Goon

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. The Sony pair seems like the all around favorite. The Radioshack phones have served me well it is just annoying to have to replace the $30 set every couple of years.

Spacey

Sony 7506 here.

Sennheiser HD280's are good for edit and sit down, although they feel a bit tight on me' noggin. Used to use a Clear-com IFB bit, coming from live sound, the distortion bothered me too much. Shure E2's work really well.

One of my clients lets me use his Bose something or anothers... extremely comfortable, have a nice on the ear design but cuts out enough outside sound. With others, I have to take a break so my ears dont get too sore. The Bose set can go all day. But too expensive for me.