Anton Bauer

Please help me. I have a AB Lifesaver Charger abc800h I'm currently using but need to know if the new AB batteries will work on this charger??? I charge a AB Digital Hytron 120 on it now and it charges no problem but the guys at AB say this charger will not work with a AB Digital Trimpac 14. Please help!!! Thoughts????

Necktie Boy

The charger will only do ProPac's. You have to get a twin or better to charge Hytron's. I am in the same boat you are. I have twin to charge my Hytron's.

skeyworth

The ABC800 charger was introduced with the Panasonic Supercam camera. The (h) designation was added when A/B started to sell NiMH batteries. At that time it did charge Dig TrimPac batteries.

As A/B has improved the the Digital features of the battery this 10+ year old model charger has become obsolete and will not charger any A/B Digital battery with the newer LCD display.

It will charge non-digital batteries like the ProPac and TrimPac batteries. These NiCad batteries are being discontinued because of the increased cost of producing and disposing of NiCad cells. So get them while you can.

Scott Keyworth
Anton/Bauer Inc.

Have had the same problem

Please help me. I have a AB Lifesaver Charger abc800h I'm currently using but need to know if the new AB batteries will work on this charger??? I charge a AB Digital Hytron 120 on it now and it charges no problem but the guys at AB say this charger will not work with a AB Digital Trimpac 14. Please help!!! Thoughts????
I have had the same issue when using AB batteries. I had a dual charger where I mixed Dionic 90's along with another AB battery which I can't remember the exact name. It had to do with the voltage I believe. . . very annoying

skeyworth

Camera Pro - I don't think it was a voltage thing. Depending on the Dual chargers model and software revision it may or may not have been able to charge batteries. As stated earlier some chargers are just to old to charge all the new battery cell technologies. A Dual charger (not a Inter/Active 2000 series) would be to old to charge a Dionic. Production stopped onthat charger in 1996 five or 6 years prior to Dionics coming in otthe market.

If this is not the case, please contact our cuatomer service Dept at 800.541.1667. Your charger MIGHT just need a s/w upgrade $45 and will work just fine....Customer Serive will be able to tell you if this is the case.

Best regards,

Scott Keyworth
Anton/Bauer, Inc. MPS

russ1980

I have an XL2 plate with prewiring but to a different type of connector. Can I just cut off the existing connector and hook the lemo wire into those wires instead of having to solder? And if I have to Solder, how do I do it or where should I send it to have it done.