alert- HDX900-Atomos samurai Blade

Rtv

A heads up. The blade injects a clicking noise into the audio on both the blade recording and the tape in the camera
when powered via the anton bauer DTap adapter... You must use a battery for power!

Starman

That sucks. You should get Atomos to fix this. I have the original Samurai, and it works flawlessly when I rent an HDX900 for it.

Run&Gun

I had a similar problem with the Nano Flash and my tape VariCam when I used the pre-record on the Nano, but it was only the Nano files that were affected and only if the pre-record was on. I sent CD the files and my Nano and they could not duplicate the issue. They sent me a brand new unit and it did the same thing. My only solution was to not use the pre-record.

Hopefully they can find a fix for you guys, it is a pain, and a lot of times not practical, to power things on the camera with separate power sources. Right now you can't use a wireless receiver on a C300 and power both from an A/B battery plate. At first it introduced a ground loop hum/buzz into the audio and after the last firmware update(not the one that came out this week), it turned into TC bleed.

Starman

Strange, I have a Varicam and Panny 370, used the Samurai with both, I do not have a problem with clicking sounds, I just listened to an interview right now off my hard drive and it sounds fine. I was using the D-tap power cable and d-tap to Atomos power adapter from Markertek, pulling the power from my camera battery. Everything works as it should.

Rtv

Starman,
This is the new "Blade " version of the Samurai...don't know if it happens on the original..probably not or we would have heard about it by now.

Starman

Dang, that sucks, it looked like a good buy since it had a waveform monitor and regular size sdi connectors, guess not. Good luck with the fix.

Rtv

well ..i still like it and it seems to work well. it's just the battery power only that's unfortunate. one other thing that i'll mention, while they say the blade has a "better" display than the original.. it's not like a real HD monitor. more like
SD

Rtv

UPDATE

They have cured the problem with the 5.1 firmware. select Dtap in the battery screen!

Starman

Ha, nice! That's cool. I love my Samurai. Drooling over the blade. Would be nice to have a waveform.