A Whole VJ Category? Really?

Michaelrosenblum

It is with a great deal of trepidation that I wander back into the realm of b-roll.net, based on my last experience, albeit 9 years ago. In that time, a great deal has changed and I think it is fair to say that the VJ concept is now fairly well established and accepted. We are, for example, currently working with Spectrum1 in Los Angeles, a 24-hour local news channel owned by, well , Spectrum, which is the Charter-Time/Warner merger. We also (on my own website) list several hundred VJ jobs at stations across the country, as well as for a whole range of private companies. I am happy to post them here, I you are interested.

b-roll

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Michael... Welcome back to b-roll.net! We're a little dusty in here - it's been years since I was even in here poking around. Hoping we can get discussions going again. Feel free to share clips and discussions... When you're making a post, there is a three dot drop down that allows you to insert media. Put the youtube URL and it embeds in your post.

Again welcome...
kev

Clutch City

It is with a great deal of trepidation that I wander back into the realm of b-roll.net, based on my last experience, albeit 9 years ago. In that time, a great deal has changed and I think it is fair to say that the VJ concept is now fairly well established and accepted. We are, for example, currently working with Spectrum1 in Los Angeles, a 24-hour local news channel owned by, well , Spectrum, which is the Charter-Time/Warner merger. We also (on my own website) list several hundred VJ jobs at stations across the country, as well as for a whole range of private companies. I am happy to post them here, I you are interested.
Getting my popcorn ready for this thread...lol

Run&Gun

I can’t believe I missed this last year...

TV Shooter and I were just talking about this a few weeks ago and he said MR was right, it just took about a decade longer to accomplish it. The handycams and cell phones have permeated and taken over in places I never thought they would. From a craft standpoint they have destroyed the industry. From a consumer standpoint, we have bigger and better displays at home now than ever before and even our cell phones that we carry with us 24/7 have high definition HDR displays, yet the picture quality of the content being cranked out by these little cameras and shown is a lot of times worse than what was being done 20+ years ago. But it’s accepted now by “the bosses”, because it’s cheaper. Not because it’s better in any other way, but 100% because it’s cheaper.