A good place to buy used gear?

Brock Samson

Ebay and Craigslist both make me a little leary, since the possibility of purchasing stolen gear is pretty high. Does anyone know of a reputable website where I can get used equipment that will be on the up & up?

Capt. Slo-mo

New Pro Video, Omega (out of Texas) The Broadcast Store, The Greene Sheet.

Google around...there are several places. The good ones (like New Pro) have the stuff evaluated, and hold the money in escrow until you are satisfied.

zac love

I've bought & sold some items from DVInfo.net & DVXUser.com & only had good experiences.

But it has been years since I've really had a bad experience on eBay as a buyer, as a seller I've had some head aches (PayPal nearly always sides with the buyer these days, no matter the amount of stupidity).

I've even had some good luck on Craigslist in person & across state lines.

Of course with all of these I have my paranoid scammer BS radar set to maximum sensitivity, so I just I quickly & silently walk away when I start hearing some beeping going off.

Todio

If you're looking for audio gear try Trew Audio http://trewaudio.com and click on "Used". I've never had an issue and I've bought LOTS of stuff there. The gear is on consignment so you may even be able to dicker a bit. Tell them a price and they can contact the buyer for you and get back. Usually the guy just wants to dump it.