a community coming together to honor their hero

zonatog

sorry i haven't posted a story in ages. this is a story of a small town of 850 south east of Rochester putting on a funeral to remember their hero. PS there were lots of restrictions towards media where we could be for the funeral and burial. BTW this was my first ever story of this kind...hope you guys enjoy

http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=257247

Latin Lens

So my intent when critiquing is to be objective and truthful....and then helpful. So I really need to ask....why do you want this critiqued? Do you feel like you could have done a better job or do you feel you missed something? Honestly because of the the restrictions this isn't much of a critique. Why they placed you behind the podium is beyond me...your wireless was obviously out of range because of the static...so everything you did is partly not even your fault and I would hate to rip this apart for reasons beyond your control. Thats the beauty of objectively critiquing someone's work...usually they control the majority of the direction and need help...here, the people setting up the event need the help...someone with knowledge of TV video needed to get involved to properly place everything while adhering to the restrictions whomever set. So I can't honestly critique this because I wouldn't feel good about it.

zonatog

Latin,

They wanted media far away from the service as possible. plus the rest of the stations that were their had two cameras. i shot the entire story myself. we decided to stay closer to the enterence when the casket first came into the stadium. we had an chance to move to the far side of the podium. but chose to stay closer. the service was tough to do because of the restrictions. i had a solid view of the funeral which made it easy. other stations didn't have that same view i did. this was a challenging story to do because how they placed us.

Latin Lens

I can tell...and thats why this "critique" is so hard. How can I tell you to sequence when you're two miles away...its tough and that was an exaggeration...but atleast try and remember to keep everyone's faces in front of you so you can see them so I guess I would have shot from the behind the main bleachers. Sorry this was rough on you but keep plugging away...do your best with any situation. Its all I would ever ask of you.