411 on WSPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglewolf

Hope you guys don't mind if I use this board for this inquiry, but I'd like to address this question to some of the more experienced photog's. I just want to know what if any dealings that any of you have had with this operation. I will be going there next week for an interview and have some high hopes for success.

Thanks! and Merry Christmas to all! :D

BluesCam

I did a PSA for them a few years ago. I think they are a very good organization. I don't know about their methodology, but they are good hearted.

Anton Saur

Originally posted by shoot da parrot:
I work for WSPA.. What are your specific questions?
I am suprised that the area doesn't invest more in their morning show. How long are they? They seem awfully short.

I am from the area...Union actually, and have often wondered this as I travel back and forth to see family.

Eaglewolf

Spa Shooter
How'd it go?
Great!!Looks like I got the job. I've got a few finicial hoops to jump through, but if all goes well, which I feel certin that It will, I'll start on the 31st of this mo.

I'd like to thank right off the top the Chief, David Finleyson for a very hospitable and informative tour.
The ND, Ken Elmore, though I only spent an hour with him , he left a very good impression. He seems to be a very proactive and caring fellow. I will learn alot form these two gentelmen.
Had the pleasure of meeting the whizkid on the photog staff, Matt Hoyle. Matt, if you read this, I look forward to good healthy competetion from you and learning some of your style. Thanks for doing your part, bro!

I met my WE reporter, Alison Storm, a VERY TALETED and gracious lady. I look forward to getting a lot accomplished with this top notch reporter.

Got to meet some of the producers and AE's. They all seem to be very knowlegeable and forthright people.

I consinder myself blessed to have found this opportunity and look forward to a long term relationship with these fine folks.

If any of you is or knows someone who is looking for a small mkt opportunity KOSA in Odessa TX. is hiring. GREAT ND. and a hard working staff. A good place to get 101 experience.

[ January 05, 2005, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Eaglewolf ]

Anton Saur

Originally posted by SpaShooter:
Anton... WSPA's is 2 hours, I think WYFF's is 1.5
I've never worked in a market that had less than 4 hrs. I was just not used to seeing it like that. I like to sleep in (if the baby allows) and catch the news. :)

Anton Saur

Originally posted by Eaglewolf:
Spa Shooter
quote: How'd it go?
Great!!Looks like I got the job.
Congrats! I'll have to drop a line when I'm in the area...

Beware, ND's are EVIL. I've known the ND there, and...well just keep an eye out. That is EVERYWHERE though! Enjoy the area. What part of the Piedmont are you going to be living in?

Eaglewolf

From Anton
Congrats! I'll have to drop a line when I'm in the area...
Look forward to meeting you. We are looking at a place in downtown Spartanburg in the historic district.

Run 'n' Get 'em

Just stay away from Hampton Heights... looks peaceful, but it's a high crime area... I used to live there and we had windows broken regularly, car broken into a couple times (until they finally just took the car). Go for Camelot on the westside, or Converse Heights on the east

SmlMktChief

Originally posted by Eaglewolf
GREAT ND. and a hard working staff. If you notice...Eaglewolf didn't give any cudos to his soon-to-be ex-Chief for hiring him with no experience, teaching him everything I know and encouraging him to go forward with his career. :D :D

But seriously, if any of y'all know anyone that wants to come to a great small market, three photog staff, M-F nightside, very few Saturdays and lots of OT, they can e-mail me. It is a great place to work, ND is my ex-Chief, great guy, non-linear editing and the list goes on.

E-mail...dnewbold@cbs7.com

shoot da parrot

Hey Erich,
Can't wait for you to join us. Hey ex-chief sorry to take him from yah but the powers on good gear and a helicopter have ways of persuasion. Scribe, Tommy is still with us and is one of the greatest employees the orginization has not to mention the best sense of humor.

Eaglewolf

smlmktchief
If you notice...Eaglewolf didn't give any cudos to his soon-to-be ex-Chief for hiring him with no experience, teaching him everything I know and encouraging him to go forward with his career.
Many apologies to my friend any first mentor in this biz!!
Anyone coming to this station can count on "SUPER D" to get you off to a solid start and help you track as far as you want to go.

Gonna miss you bro!

Eaglewolf

Hey matt!!
I can't wait to start! Thanks so much for your vote. I look forward to some healthy competition with you.

Are you guys covering the train derailment? Let me know how things are going.

See you on the 31st!

Erich

SmlMktChief

True I can't compete with a helocopter but...this is the first I have lost to a bigger market. Eaglewolf is a great shooter and becomming a great editor. we have been getting some shooting and editing help from a mentor in San Antonio. Eaglewolf is a hard worker and will do anything he is asked to do...overtime...whatever. He does have room for someone with more experience to teach him a thing or two :rolleyes: ...but don't we all? Seriously, he is a great hire and I will miss him. :( Good luck Bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.