4 interview this week

paulisphotoman

Well, got 4 interviews this week, 2 are phone interviews, 1 is Skype, then another one, they are actually flying me out to their office, putting me up in a hotel, giving me a rental car.
This hasn't happen to me for about 6 yrs (pre-recession), so I'm putting psyched, esp since ALL of them I'm very very interested in. I'm now just prepping to make sure my questions about the position are the right ones, bring my A game to the interview.

satpimp

Paul,

Good luck. Sounds promising. I remember fly-in interviews.... Sweet. In the current environment, the fact you have the interviews is most telling. Part of the readiness for an interview is knowing you're ready. Confidence earned trumps a lot.

We have some positions open here in Miami. More sausage than art. All the money is in overtime. It's constant but means you work... wait for it... constantly.

Edius, XD 500, cars, assigned gear, Dejero but not live truck duties, lots of sunshine and HOT AIR.

paulisphotoman

Thanks guys, this is super exciting, but since I've had many and no offers yet, esp in this awful economy still, I sure hope one of these does work. These are video production positions, not news. I won't go back into news, esp now, since news is more about doom/gloom than anything else. Two positions are with TX schools, the other is in Houston with a company there. I lived in TX for about 10 yrs, am seeking to return permanently.....

paulisphotoman

Just flew back from my interview with company in TX. Had a great trip, met the boss and crew with video production dept. I know now much more of what they do, since they have nothing online to watch do to some research. I do know the video prod dept is new, they are in the process of building a team and news studio/offices this year.

Definitely looks like a good place, good people and gets me back in to video production.
The only things that were not discussed in detail were money or start date, since that was not brought up during our meeting. The boss had to leave earlier than I thought, so we didn't have alot of time to talk, but long enough.....

I was nervous, but felt comfortable after a bit too.....I spent the whole day with them, I do hope left them with a good impression.....