Recent content by Kevin Alexander

1. Kevin Alexander

How have you changed while b-roll.net FORUM has been on hiatus?

I love working in commercial production, but there is still one thing that I enjoy more than anything else... The rare occasion when I get to go out on my own for a few hours and get some b-roll of the city for some project we are working on. Anytime I can get out, just me and my camera and...
  2. Kevin Alexander

Scary what you can do with a phone.

Nice. We have a DJI Mavic Pro that we use for our drone work, but honestly we don't fly it a lot. We actually use it more as a gimbal. We have a tray that the drone folds up and fits in, phone sits in the top of the tray, and it has handles on the sides. It makes for a pretty good gimbal. And...
  3. Kevin Alexander

Yeah, that's when I'm OK with them as well. We shoot interviews in 4K now. I'm not super concerned if going from a wide to tight framing has a bit of a jump cut. If it's really distracting then I won't use it. But I used to get super critical and want to make sure their facial expressions...
  4. Kevin Alexander

Good question... 1. The first and most obvious thing is that I'm no longer in news. I left a little over 10 years ago, and now work in commercial production. It took me a long time to get used to the stylistic differences between shooting news and shooting commercials... Actually directing...
  5. Kevin Alexander

Where were you?

I just looked at my profile, and saw that I joined in early 2002. Wow. I was less than 6 months into my first job... KTAL in Shreveport, LA. Where were you back then? Kevin Alexander
  6. Kevin Alexander

Yay its back

Nice. Really like the new layout.