Recent content by Ben Longden

1. B

ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ON HERE

Still here. Drop by occasionally. Totally agree with Run& Gun... anyone who touches a camera is an instant expert.. Covid has knocked most of my business for six..
  2. B

Riot police shoot media; The world is watching.

Memo to the police of the US, targetting TV crews. The world is watching. News camera operators and jounalists world wide stand shocked at the level of aggression shown to media during these riots. With any luck, once the dust settles, there will be a lot of police out of work and in jail. To...
  3. B

How have you changed while b-roll.net FORUM has been on hiatus?

Ive cut down a lot on the news side, especially as I moved on from a local broadcaster 18 months before mass sackings due to poor ratings. My old biggest client no longer needs a freelance, as they have a permanent one man band based 120km away... Funnily enough, it was the ratings caused by...
  4. B

WIN NEWS closes four bureaus in AUSTRALIA

This has been brewing for at least two years. it is a disaster for journalism in the country. But first a background.. Australia has only THREE commercial TV channels, Seven, Nine, Ten, all hubbing out of Sydney, with delayed and live telecasts across the country. They are joined with the...