PMW-500

CODE3VP

Any network guys/gals know if the Network news are hiring any PMW-500's for freelance shoots? I know the PDW-700 was and still is a big choice for shoots for the optical discs. The PMW-500 is similiar but shoots on SxS cards. Any recommendation from Network freelancers? Thanks!

Shootblue

I'm pretty sure the PMW500 has caught on overseas a lot more than here where habit is entrenched. I see information that indicates that a lot of the shooters are with the 700/800's, but can hardly recall any 500's. As much either cost, if you can afford the 500, you can probably eek out the more accepted 700/800.

Necktie Boy

My buddy uses a PMW-350, and was shooting for APNews. In fact, he was FTP'ing the HD file back to them.

I guess it depends how the station/network is setup.

Robin

I'm pretty sure the PMW500 has caught on overseas a lot more than here where habit is entrenched. I see information that indicates that a lot of the shooters are with the 700/800's, but can hardly recall any 500's. As much either cost, if you can afford the 500, you can probably eek out the more accepted 700/800.
The 500 is a fair bit cheaper,at the moment that the 800.. the menu,s are not quite as fancy in the paint dept.. but its cineAlta so 24p and the same Hyper gamma,s.. and 422 HD.. Ive had to "educate" a few production managers,and its a relatively new camera.. but Ive used it for Discovery PBS and Natgeo ..
Shooting to SXS and down loading to a HDD doesnt seem to be any problem in this day and age.. making a couple of backups of course.. but yes the 800 is very popular camera.. and the 700 if it can shoot 24p..